Long Arm Quilting Services – Let Quilting Mojo add to the magic of your quilt.
I offer the following design options and prices.
- Basting as preparation for you to quilt: $0.010 per square inch.
- Stipple – this is a lightly quilted meander across the entire quilt – $0.013 per square inch.
- Pattern – edge to edge pattern from my samples (free motion) or from a pantograph. See Urban Elementz for design choices – $0.16 per square inch
- Mid Custom – a border to border design with custom borders OR simplified custom quilting. – $.021 per square inch.
- Custom-$.025 per square inch.
- Expanded Custom- $0.28 per square inch.
Minimum Quilting Charge – $35.00
No setup charge. I will use your batting or I will provide batting for a fee.
I can offer binding services (no hand binding). Check for pricing.
- Please check your quilt for loose seams.
- I can provide backing and/or batting for a fee, if you prefer.
- Press top and backing fabric.
- Backing and batting should be at least 8 inches longer and wider than your quilt top.
- Mark the top edge of your quilt top and backing with safety pins
- Do not put the layers together (that’s what you pay me for).
Quilting Order Form: order-form
Longarm Quilting Services – FAQ
I like to make my own quilt tops, but I’d rather have someone else do the quilting. Can you quilt my top for me? I love to quilt! With my Innova Longarm Quilting machine and 10 foot frame, I can do any quilt up to 105 by 105 inches. I offer edge to edge designs, border to border with custom borders, or complete custom work. All of my work is hand-guided, but for edge to edge and border to border, you can select a pattern from Urban Elementz and I will order the pantograph to quilt it for you. There’s no extra charge because I am trying to build up my library. Please add 8 to 10″ to the length and width of your backing. All extra backing fabric and batting will be returned to you.
I want to quilt myself by hand or by domestic machine but I need to have it basted. Can you do that? Yes. Basting was the part of quilting that I dreaded most until I got my longarm. Let me know how you want it basted…I can do it with water soluble thread, or regular thread in a garish color to make it easy to remove. I will do it herringbone style (a series of Z’s across the quilt to hold everything in place).
Am I required to buy batting from you? No, I will quilt with your batting. Please be sure to add at least 8-10″ to the length and width. If you would like me to use my batting for your quilt, I offer Hobbs Heirloom 80/20 batting or Quilter’s Dream Wool and it will be $.004 cents/square inch (LxW). I can also obtain other specialty battings (100% cotton, silk, etc.) so ask me for pricing.
If you do not want to provide a quilt back, I will purchase one for you. The fabric will be $10 to $15 per yard…we can select something together. I do not keep fabric in stock. Any excess will be returned to you with your quilt.
I will turn your collection of t-shirts into a practical item that you can use to keep warm on the couch, in the stadium, or wherever you want. I use the highest quality quilt-shop fabrics and materials so that your memories will be preserved for a lifetime.
T-shirt quilts are great for
- Graduation gifts
- Christmas gifts
- Celebrate a sport, band, vacation, or other hobby
- Remember a loved one who has passed away
When selecting your t-shirts:
- Always pre-wash and be sure shirts are clean. DO NOT use fabric softener or dryer sheets because they will keep the stabilizer I use from working.
- Send me the entire shirt OR cut out the image but leave a large margin because I will need to trim it down.
- I can include sweatshirts and sports jerseys as well as t-shirts.
- Each graphic image counts as a square. If a shirt has images on both sides, be clear about which image (or both) should be included in the quilt.
T-Shirt Quilt Options
|Quilt Type||Finished Size (approximate)||Your Cost (see what is included below)||Number of shirts required|
|Wall Hanging||54” X 54”||$175||9|
|Lap Quilt||56” X 72”||$250||12
|Stadium||70” X 70”||$350||16|
|Twin||70” X 88”||$425||20|
|Double||89’ X 89”||$550||25|
|Queen||89” X 103”||$625||30|
|King||103” X 103”||$700||36|
Your Cost includes:
- High quality quilting cotton fabric for the sashing, border, backing and binding – I will use a solid color or small print fabric in a coordinating color in between each shirt graphic and for an outside border. The fabric for the binding will also be included.
- Design fees and labor.
- Quilting will be performed with Invisible thread to provide texture and keep the quilt square.
- Batting – Hobbs 80/20 is standard
- Stabilizer to reinforce the shirts.
- Digital quilting design in the pattern/theme of your choice. Large selection of designs available at Urban Elementz.
- Binding will be done by machine. If you prefer to finish the binding yourself, I will attach binding to the front by machine and let you turn it to the back and finish it yourself.
Get your pet onto a 20 x 20 pillow. Send me a photo of your pet and I will do the rest. Choice of fabric colors. $130.